Argonne Elementary School 680 18th Avenue San Francisco, CA 94121 Phone: 415-750-8460 Fax: 415-750-8462 Sheree Catingub, Principal Ms. Roschelle Johnson, Clerk/Secretary Mission The vision of Argonne Elementary, a caring school community with an extended year calendar, is to ensure that each student maximizes their potential to succeed in an ever-changing society. Opened in 1920, in its current site in the heart of San Francisco’s Richmond District, Argonne was completely rebuilt in 1997. We are fortunate to have a committed, energetic, and caring team of professionals at our school. Argonne’s talented and experienced Principal, Sheree Catingub, leads the school and works closely with our Parent Teacher Organization and the District to deliver a high quality, educational experience to our students. Argonne has an experienced team of credentialed teachers, a professional support staff as well as a strong group of para-professionals and facilities personnel running the school. Our community is extremely appreciative of our dedicated and hard working staff for their amazing contributions. The Benefits of Extended Year Education Argonne’s school year starts in July and the students participate in approximately one month of additional instruction compared with most other San Francisco schools. (Kindergartners come for an initial two week orientation that lasts from 8:30am – 1:00pm). Because of Argonne’s extended schedule, teachers have more time to focus on providing enrichment activities, project-based learning and field study trips. Students stay more engaged with their learning throughout the year. Attendance during all 20 days of summer session is mandatory for all 1st – 5th grade students and incoming kindergarten students are required to attend a 10 day summer session. 2019-2020 Summer Session Dates
- July 8-August 2, 2019, 8:30-2:00 for all 1st-5th grade students
- July 8-July 19, 2019, 8:30-1:00 Kindergarten Session 1
- July 22-August 2, 2019, 8:30-1:00 Kindergarten Session 2
- Early morning care is from 7:30 am – 8:15 am in the multi-purpose room and costs $5 per child. You do not need to call ahead of time.
- Curbside drop-off is on 17th Ave (between Balboa and Cabrillo). Parent volunteers help younger children in and out of cars. Drop-off starts at 8:15 AM.
- Classes start at 8:30 am
- Pick-up is at 2:40 pm
- Aftercare is 2:40 – 6:00 pm (depending on the program). Learn more about our wonderful selection of after school programs and enrichment classes.