Argonne Elementary School
680 18th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94121
Sheree Catingub, Principal
Grace Mingoa Cagaoan, Secretary
The vision of Argonne Elementary, a caring school community with an extended year calendar, is to ensure that each student maximizes their potential to succeed in an ever-changing society.
Our students will demonstrate:
- Creative and critical thinking with an emphasis on written and oral communication.
- Academic understanding of the common core curriculum with support from a student-focused, collaborative staff who value interdisciplinary teaching and the multiple intelligences.
- Respect for the cultural, linguistic, socioeconomic, special needs diversity at Argonne.
- Engagement in an enriched learning environment including physical education, visual arts, dance, music, gardening, project learning, and field study trips.
Argonne Elementary School is a unique, extended year public school offering a warm and supportive environment to its students. Opened in 1920, in its current site in the heart of San Francisco’s Richmond District, Argonne was completely rebuilt in 1997.
We are fortunate to have a committed, energetic, and caring team of professionals at our school. Argonne’s talented and experienced Principal, Sheree Catingub, leads the school and works closely with our Parent Teacher Organization and the District to deliver a high quality, educational experience to our students.
Argonne has an experienced team of credentialed teachers, a professional support staff as well as a strong group of para-professionals and facilities personnel running the school. Our community is extremely appreciative of our dedicated and hard working staff for their amazing contributions.
The Benefits of Extended Year Education
Argonne’s school year starts in July and the students participate in approximately one month of additional instruction compared with most other San Francisco schools. (Kindergartners come for an initial two week orientation that lasts from 8:30am – 1:00pm). Because of Argonne’s extended schedule, teachers have more time to focus on providing enrichment activities, project-based learning and field study trips. Students stay more engaged with their learning throughout the year.
Attendance during all 20 days of summer session is mandatory for all 1st – 5th grade students and incoming kindergarten students are required to attend a 10 day summer session. View summer session dates for the upcoming school year on our calendar
Day-to-day at Argonne
- Early morning care is from 7:30 am – 8:15 am in the multi-purpose room and costs $5 per child. You do not need to call ahead of time.
- Curbside drop-off is on 17th Ave (between Balboa and Cabrillo). Parent volunteers help younger children in and out of cars. Drop-off starts at 8:15 AM.
- Classes start at 8:30 am
- Pick-up is at 2:40 pm
- Aftercare is 2:40 – 6:00 pm (depending on the program). Learn more about our wonderful selection of afterschool programs and enrichment classes.
All perimeter doors and gates at Argonne are locked from 8:40 – 2:15. During school hours, please ring the bell on the 18th Ave side to enter.
— Argonne Elementary School (@argonne_sfusd) July 17, 2018