— Argonne Elementary (@ArgonneElem) February 24, 2018
The program has been designed to offer children the opportunity to develop proficiency in Chinese as a second language and enrich with the understanding and appreciation of Chinese language, customs, and cultures.
The Argonne Chinese After School Program was founded and established by parents in 1999. The program provides the Argonne community with an opportunity to learn Chinese language and culture. The program operates within guidelines set by the School Parent Teacher Organization (PTO), a not-for-profit organization with the 501(c) (3) status.
Program Registration Info
- Argonne’s Chinese After School Program(CASP) provides Mandarin or Cantonese language instruction classes for Argonne students grade K-5.
- CASP accepts applications year round. Applications for wait listed students will be kept on file pending future openings.
- CASP is parent-run and relies heavily on volunteers.
- Family participation will be weighed heavily for enrollment consideration.
- Each family is committed to 10 volunteer hours upon program enrollment.
- Additional fees will be assessed for any unmet volunteer hours at $10 per missed hour.
- Each family is required to attend 5 mandatory program meetings per enrolled school year.
- Attendance counts towards the volunteer hours requirement.
(2:40pm – 3pm) Students gather at the multipurpose room for roll call and snack from home.
(5pm-6pm) Homework Time
(5:15-6:00pm) Pick up
Late fee is billed at $1 per minute late after 6pm.
Fall 2016: To be determined: includes books , supplies & materials + ($25 for two Program Tee Shirts for all new students)
Spring 2017: To be determined
Teachers may ask for additional supplies to be contributed from families for their child(ren).
(Program fees are reviewed annually and subject to change.)
The program operates on the same extended year calendar as Argonne Elementary. Summer session is open to grades 1-5 only. Please contact any program officer for more information.
As the program is entirely non-profit, collected program fees are determined by the teacher’s salaries, liability insurance and supplies only. Any contribution is welcomed and much needed to further enrich program curriculum and special projects. Please contact any program officer for more information or to make a donation.
Our Teacher Assistants
Isolde Chen (Substitute)
Weng Wong (Substitute)
Gerald Crump (Co-Chair)
Judy Huey (Co-Chair)
Joe Lam (Treasurer)
Margaret Poza (Secretary)
Janet Yieh (Parent)
Jason Beckham (Parent)
Winnie Kwei (Parent)
Ray Oyung (Parent & PTO Co-Chair)
Please direct any inquiries or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org