The program has been designed to offer Argonne students the opportunity to develop proficiency in Chinese as a second language and enrich with the understanding and appreciation of Chinese language, customs, and cultures.
The Argonne Chinese After School Program was founded and established by parents in 1999. As a heritage program, our mission is to empower students to strive for basic proficiency in the Chinese language as active learners in understanding Chinese culture through language and arts. The program operates within guidelines set by the Argonne Parent Teacher Organization (PTO), a non-profit organization with 501(c)(3) status.
Program Registration Info
- Argonne’s Chinese After School Program (CASP) provides Mandarin language instruction classes for Argonne students in grades K-5. CASP accepts applications year round.
- Applications for waitlisted students will be kept on file pending future openings.
- CASP is parent-run and relies heavily on volunteers.
- Family participation will be weighed heavily for enrollment consideration.
- Each family is committed to 10 volunteer hours upon program enrollment.
- Additional fees will be assessed for any unmet volunteer hours at $10 per missed hour.
- Each family is required to attend 5 mandatory program meetings per enrolled school year.
- Attendance counts towards the volunteer hours requirement.
(2:40pm – 3:00pm) Students gather in the multipurpose room for roll call and snack from home.
(5:00pm-6:00pm) Homework Time
Late fee is billed at $1 per minute after 6pm.
Fall 2018: To be determined: includes books, supplies & materials + ($25 for two Program Tee Shirts for all new students)
Spring 2019: To be determined
Language Instructors may ask for additional supplies to be contributed from families for their child(ren).
(Program fees are reviewed annually and subject to change.)
The program operates on the same extended year calendar as Argonne Elementary. Summer session is open to grades 1-5 only. Please contact the Site Director or Enrollment Lead for more information.
CASP events that are relevant to the entire Argonne community are included in the school-wide calendar. Meetings and other program events relevant to CASP families only are posted on the CASP Shutterfly site calendar.
As the program is entirely non-profit, collected program fees reflect the expenses of Language Instructors’ wages, liability insurance, facilities, and supplies only. Any contributions are welcome and much needed to advance the program curriculum and special projects. Please contact any CASP Advisory Board Member for more information or to make a donation.
Flora Chen (Beginner Level)
Anna Liang (Lower Intermediate Level)
Vivian Gee (Upper Intermediate Level)
Zoe Zhu (Advanced Level)
Our Instructor Assistants
Advisory Board (2019-20)
Linda Luu (Lead)
Amy Kam & Annie Lui (Events)
Lamar Heystek & Pauline Hui (Communications)
Peter Chow, Joe Lam & Cindy Lee (Finance)
Jeff Luu (Enrollment)
Joyce Cheng, Linda Chu, Ulash Dunlap & Reina Kwan (Instructor Support)
Please direct general inquiries or questions to ArgonneCASP@gmail.com
Happy Lunar New Year! What an EXCITING show from CASP!— Argonne Elementary School (@argonne_sfusd) February 23, 2019