Our Involved Parent and Community Volunteers Make Argonne Shine!
Parent involvement is the key to maintaining a great school. If you are already involved, stay involved. If you can do more, we ask that you do.
To get involved email us! We can help you discover the right role for you.
Here is a list of what volunteers can do at Argonne:
- ACE: Parent Teacher Organization elected positions as described below or simply join the committee and help out.
- Become a room parent
- Stop, Drop, Go
- GATE (Gifted And Talented Education) committee
- Safe Schools Committee
- Art in Action: teach the Art in Action curriculum in your child’s classroom.
- Organize a Scholastic book fair chair
- Mayfair: there are lots of possibilities to help out with the annual carnival
- Silent Auction and Raffle
- Go on field trips with your child’s classroom
- Help out in the classroom on a regular basis
- Become a science coordinator and assist teachers with the new science curriculum.
- Be a lunch time supervisor
- Coach kickball in the spring
- Become our web master
Each year we are looking for additional parents willing to be more involved in the PTO. The PTO is seeking people who are willing to take on the following responsibilities:
Communications — We want to make sure we are communicating with each other effectively. This includes helping publish a weekly (mostly on-line) newsletter, managing our Argonne website, keeping family database up-to-date and other communication strategies.
Technology — We are working to better integrate our new computer lab and technology with grade-level appropriate curriculum in the classroom. We are looking for parents with Macintosh administration skills to help on an ongoing basis to help the lab running smoothly
Fundraising/Resource Development — Join our parent volunteers who help us pursue grants, develop partnerships and fundraise. This includes the giving letter, Mayfair and all the other new ideas we can deploy next year to increase our goals! We have a great crew that works tirelessly for our school, but they can always use an extra pair of hands….
Multi-Cultural Committee (ELAC) – Beyond advising the school in it’s English Language Acquisition Program, the Multi-Cultural Committee sponsors events that engage our diverse community. The Lunar New Year Celebration is one of Argonne’s favorite events.
Programming — We need committed parent volunteers willing to help us plan special programs and events.
Volunteer coordinating — Joine our committed parent volunteer coordinators to help us recruit and track parent volunteers to make sure we leverage all the resources available and have us organized and ready for any activity that needs a pair of hands!
Green Argonne — Help out with our schoolyard initiative that includes beautification, greening, and providing healthy choices for our school.