We recently interviewed a sampling of parents at Argonne about their motivations for volunteering. Here’s what they said:
Top Three Reasons to Volunteer:
- “Volunteering benefits our kids, staff and community. It helps to give our kids the best, most well-rounded education possible”
- “Volunteering allows us to feel more connected to our kids’ school experience and community”
- “Volunteering gives us a greater sense of purpose and pride”
2018 – 2019 Volunteer Roles
- Room Parent Coordinator – This is a great way to get to know more parents! Coordinate communication among Room Parents and organize Room Parents’ night out at beginning and end of the year. Our current Room Parent Coordinator, Ana Maria DeLuca will teach you everything you need to know.
- Field Day Coordinator – Communicate with the Argonne community and organize the events for this day of great fun and community building for our school! Yedi and Lorena Wong will train you on this position.
- Six Flags Read to Succeed Coordinator – Read to Succeed is an exciting program that encourages students in grades K through 6 to read for fun. Students who complete six hours of recreational reading earn a free ticket to Six Flags! The program is available to teachers and schools at no cost to participate, and it’s a great way to motivate kids to read. Thank you to Lorena Wong who has coordinated this program for four years and will show you the ropes.
- Parent Ambassadors – This is a new position whose role is to represent our Russian, Vietnamese, and Spanish-speaking families. These parents will do specific outreach to families to check-in, invite to events, recruit for volunteering.
- Wolf Pack Praise Coordinator – This is another new position whose role is to randomly pick one boy and one girl from each grade from the dozens of Wolf Pack praise submissions and give them to the principal on Thurs afternoon in preparation for Fri assembly.
For more information about volunteering at Argonne, please contact the PTO Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com
Room parents are crucial classroom volunteers and are the central liaison between classrooms, parents, teachers, and the Argonne Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO). They are critical to the many facets of engaging families in supporting students and Staff.
The three primary roles are: (1) Communication & Engagement of class families about room and school-wide news, events, and fundraising; (2) Planning & Coordination of classroom volunteers to assist teachers with in-class activities and volunteers for school-wide efforts, and; 3) Build Community to strengthen the sense of diversity and inclusion in the classroom & our school.